The ladies of Whoa Bella got together and compiled a super fun Q&A with three of our favorite fashion bloggers. Each blogger is unique in both their fashion and their personal influences, which is why we picked these smart, and beautiful women!
Jill: J by Jilly
1. What are some of your current fashion obsessions?
Watches, rubber slides (specifically Valentino Rock Stud Rubber slides and Jeffrey Campbell slides – all of them), graphic tees (always have been, always will be), and denim cutoff shorts – all colors and styles.
2. What is your staple clothing item?
I can’t narrow it down beyond three items: a great tee, pair of jeans, and sneakers (big Adidas fan!) – oops I meant four – also a really great pair of sunglasses is a must in my life, I hate squinting!
3. Describe your personal style in one word.
Casual — (I can turn it into casual-chic quickly or glam out if I need to, but to my core, I’m casual.)
4. If you had the opportunity to meet anyone you wanted, who would it be?
There are so many, but to keep this from getting super heavy: JD Salinger. I’d love to pick his brain about The Catcher in the Rye.
5. Fill in the rest of this sentence: The last thing I googled was…
Wedding gifts for your husband for the 20th Wedding Anniversary – my husband and I celebrate ours next month – July 23rd. It’s been a tough 20 for sure, with certainly a lot of great moments too. And it doesn’t get any easier and still requires work every day, if you were curious.
Follow her on Instagram: @JbyJilly
Sahira: Sahira Jewelry Design
1. What inspired you to start your blog/company?
I always knew I wanted to have my own company and do something in the fashion industry, but didn’t know where or how to go about it. After working retail for years, I became unhappy and I decided to build a website where I had very few clothing pieces and jewelry as a side job. I knew I had the right tools and could be able to market myself, specifically with social media. Soon after, sales started increasing and I was able to work on my jewelry line full-time~
2. What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear about you?
I never actually cared much for jewelry when I was younger. All I’d ever wear was a watch and studs.
3. Fill in the rest of this sentence: I would never leave home without…
My cell phone! I’d feel like part of my body would be missing.
4. Fill in the rest of this sentence: The last thing I googled was…
Hmm, the dimensions for Insta stories! haha am I the only one who gets annoyed at the odd crop IG does with stories?
5. What are some of your current fashion obsessions?
Definitely layered chokers and dainty jewelry!!
Follow her on Instagram: @sahirajewelrydesign
Tia: Tia McIntosh
1. What is one thing your readers would be surprised to hear about you?
I was homeschooled all the way up till I was 14 when I decided I wanted to go to high school
2. Fill in the rest of this sentence: I would never leave home without…
My purse, phone, or without saying bye to my dog Teddy!
3. If you had the opportunity to meet anyone you wanted, who would it be?
4. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Be yourself and let others be who they are
5. What inspired you to start your blog/company?
I never had a moment when I decided to start blogging, It naturally happened when I did what I love!
Follow her on Instagram: @m_tia98