Morning time can be rough, especially the days you have to get up super early. Often times, breakfast gets sacrificed so we can finish our makeup, walk our dog, or press the snooze button an extra time. Don’t skip breakfast any longer with these delicious and quick microwavable mug breakfasts from POPSUGAR!
Avocado omelet in a mug
Salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon salsa of your choice
1/2 avocado, sliced
1. Into a mug, whisk together 2 eggs. Add salt and pepper, and stir in cheese.
2. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until eggs are set.
3. Top with sliced avocado and salsa, and serve immediately.
Fully loaded breakfast-mug potatoes
4-5 red potatoes, washed and quartered
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 slices cooked bacon
1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 teaspoon green onion, diced
1. Into a large mug, add potatoes and water and microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain the water, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and stir to coat. Crumble bacon on top of potatoes.
2. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until cheese melts.
3. Top with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese, and diced green onions.
4. Fully loaded breakfast-mug potatoes
French toast in a mug
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups cinnamon raisin bread, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons maple syrup, for garnish, optional
Powdered sugar, for garnish, optional
Butter, for garnish, optional
1. Into a mug, whisk together egg, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add the bread cubes and coat them in the egg mixture using a fork.
2. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
3. Top with maple syrup, powdered sugar, or butter.