Food cravings are real, especially when you’re trying to be healthy. When those cravings come a’calling, we head over to Tastemade and check out recipes. This recipe roundup is so drool-worthy it’s not even fair. There’s salted caramel billionaire bars that prove you don’t have to be filthy rich to be filthy satisfied. Then, they really hit us in the heart with fried cheesecake bites, because the only thing better than cheesecake is fried cheesecake.
For your tastebuds, enjoy the most delectable recipe for cheesy bacon and brussels sprouts bake, brought to you by Tastemade of course:
1/2 pounds bacon, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 shallot, peeled and minced
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Pinch of cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 400°F, and butter a casserole dish.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until starting to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, and reserve bacon fat.
3. Place Brussels sprouts in pan, cut side down, and allow to caramelize slightly. Season with salt and pepper, add garlic, shallots and butter, and cook another 3 minutes until tender.
4. Sprinkle with flour and stir to incorporate. Add cream, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until it starts to thicken, 3-5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with white cheddar, season with salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne. Toss bacon and Brussels sprouts mixture together with cheese sauce, pour into baking dish and top with Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.