If the cold winter weather is keeping you down, escape the sleet and snow and travel to a place with sun and sand. Here are five affordable beach getaways to cure your winter blues:
1. Key West, Florida. The Florida Keys are located just south of Miami. Fly into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami for a cheaper flight.
2. Sarasota, Florida: This Gulf Coast city has secretly great restaurants and hangouts with even better deals. You can get round trip flights for around $200 from New York and Boston.
3. Galveston Island, Texas: An hour drive from Houston, this island offers nature, live music and parties. Flights into Houston in the winter go for under $200 from New York and around $100 from Boston and Denver.
4. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: This Beachside town is home to a boardwalk, Ferris wheel, golf courses and ice cream shops. Round trip tickets cost around $100 from New York in around $200 from Boston and Chicago.
5. Baja California, Mexico: Instead of Cancun, hit Mexico’s Baja California peninsula which is just over the border from San Diego. Round trip flights from Los Angeles into San Jose Del Cabo can be found for under $200.