There are many different tips and tricks you can add to your weight loss regimen, and coffee is a great addition. Not only does the natural caffeine act as a wonderful diuretic, it also helps serve as an appetite suppressant as well. Of course, with the caffeine comes energy as well. Coffee is basically the cure for most things, and today, we are going to clue you in on some of the ways it can help with your weight loss goals. Like anything else, moderation is key; coffee isn’t the only answer and it should always be consumed with caution and moderation.
How coffee can help with your weight loss goals:
1. Brew coffee at home: A lot of coffee chains and shops add extra flavoring and sweeteners, which adds a ton of extra calories. Brewing it at home will help you control calorie and sugar content.
2. Energy and metabolism boost: Consume 400 mg (2 large cups) or less for that perfect boost of energy and an extra kick for your metabolism. Make sure you limit your intake to less than 400 mg if you drink other caffeinated beverages throughout the day.
3. Skip the sugar: Use coconut oil or coconut milk to add flavor instead of sweeteners, artificial or real.
4. Don’t waste calories on coffee: Wasted calories often come in the form of beverages. Don’t drink your calories, eat them. Save the calories you would receive in a sugary coffee for a large and healthy breakfast.
5. Drink in the morning only: Many coffee drinkers out there have made the mistake of drinking it too late in the day, and having an awful night’s rest. Sleep and recovery are huge in the weight loss game, so you need that beauty sleep. Don’t drink coffee throughout the whole day…limit it to the morning and let your body adjust. There are other avenues that aren’t caffeine to receive energy.