That time of year is rolling around again, the spring break rush. Once you have a family of your own, the pressure to go on an expensive trip every year becomes more prevalent. But, you don’t need to spend a ton of money to have a fun family trip. If you’re saving money, or just simply don’t want to spend a lot on a spring break trip this year, here are some fun spring staycation alternatives!
1. Book a hotel nearby: Change up the scenery and stay at a hotel with great amenities. If it’s a warm location, make sure there’s a pool and perhaps even a restaurant!
2. Roadtrip: Roadtrips are a great way to bond the family, since you end up spending a lot of time confined in a car together. Take a trip to a nearby town that no one in the family has been to.
3. Have a film festival of your own: Binge watch some movies or TV shows, and make an event out of it for the family. If your family loves arts and crafts, you could even have the kids create flyers or materials for the family film festival.
4. Volunteer: Give your time to someone or a cause in need. It will help teach your kids to appreciate what’s really important.
5. Check out the library: Many libraries offer up-to-date technologies and teaching tools that kids can play with, like 3-D printers.
6. Take a taste tour: Cook different and exotic cuisines that the kids or family haven’t tried yet. You can also use it as a way to help teach your kids how to cook and also teach them about different cultures around the world.
7. Camp out: Put the tent up outside in the yard and have some fun! Maybe even start a bonfire and roast marshmallows.