I don’t know about you, but I tend to be an awful packer whenever I have to travel anywhere. If I leave for 3 days, I’m packing for almost two weeks. If I have to go somewhere for a month, I seem to never have enough!
Everytime I have to pack or re-pack I end up jamming stuff into my suitcase until it’s bursting at the seams. Also, why do I never pack enough underwear? When I’m packing to go somewhere, I don’t even consider purchases I’ll be making while on the trip.
Clearly, my brain space much like my suitcase, is all taken up. Now, I know I can’t be the only one who does the same thing. Haltha Palepu, an expert packer among other things, shows you how to create optimal space in your suitcase. Here are a few tips:
1. Secure bulky clothing like jackets with a hair tie
2. Put heavy items on the bottom, and delicate items on the top
3. Bring underwear for every day you’re on your trip, plus half of those days.
4. Put your shoes in a separate bag, that way they don’t make your clothes dirty.
5. Keep all electrical items organized in their own bag to put in your suit case.