These nine household spots are hidden sources of dust, grime, and – worse – harmful germs. Here’s where you need to roll up your sleeves and get to work.
1. Your Toothbrush Holder: wash it at least once a month.
2. The Utensil Drawer: Remove the utensil organizer and wipe out the drawer.
3. Stove Grates: Soak them in warm soapy water.
4. Trash Cans: Sanitize and let sit to dry.
5. Reusable Grocery Bags: Wash them a few times a year.
6. Icemaker Bucket: Dump out the ice and wash it well with soap.
7. The Fridge: Don’t forget to wipe the dusty coils and vents. Be sure to vacuum behind the fridge as well.
8. The Garbage Disposal: Run it with ice, citrus rinds and baking soda.
9. Coffee Maker: Run a cycle with water and vinegar.