We all have busy lives. With work, family, friends, obligations, hobbies…it seems like we never really get a minute to ourselves. But, we cannot be any help to others if we have not first helped ourselves. You cannot pour from an empty cup, right? Stress is inevitable; we will all deal with it throughout our lives. But, there are things we can do for ourselves to ensure we don’t feel stressed all of the time. Hopefully, some of these tips will be the perfect boost to your week and allow you to feel rejuvenated and a lot less stressed!
Here are some great tips for relieving stress, from a yoga teacher:
1. Just breathe: Stop and take a breath or a few breaths. Relax, close your eyes, and use the whole capacity of your lungs while breathing.
2. Better your posture: Sit up straight while at your desk or sitting at home. Also, while standing and walking, focus on lengthening your spine and neck to be straight. Engaging your core while standing is also important for posture.
3. Smile!: Remove any frown from your face, and unclench your jaw. A lot of us hold tension in our faces, with our expressions and our jaw muscle. Let it go, and allow that smile to show up more than not!
5. Yoga and meditation: Practice yoga or meditation daily for your mental, physical and spiritual well-being. It’s great to start and/or end your day with.
6. Hydration: Stay hydrated! For hair, nails, skin and overall health!