Pizza And Sushi
We are coming at you with quite the pair of delicious recipes, brought to you by Tastemade. From a breakfast pizza to a sushi burrito, we’ve got your cravings covered!
Breakfast Pizza:Who says you need to wait until dinner to enjoy a pizza?
1 pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 grated parmesan
5 strips bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
4 large eggs
1/2 cup baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Roll dough out into a rectangular shape on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a baking sheet, and evenly spread the tomato sauce. Sprinkle cheeses, cooked bacon crumbles, and sliced shallot. Bake until the cheese begins to melt and the crust is lightly browned. About 8-10 minutes
2. Remove the half-cooked pizza from the oven and crack the eggs even on top. Place back in the oven and continue baking until the egg whites look firm and the yolks are almost set. About 6-8 minutes.
3. Finish with fresh arugula and slice to serve.
Sushi Burrito: Everything you love about sushi, in a larger more burrito-like form.
For the rice:
1 cup uncooked sushi rice
1 cup water
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
For the fish:
1/2 pounds sushi grade salmon, cut into 1/2′ cubes
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon chives, chopped
For the rest:
1 nori sheet
2-3 avocado slices
some cucumber strips furikake to taste
1. Cook the rice: rinse rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Place rice and water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave covered for about 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, and salt until everything is fully dissolved.
2. Transfer rice to a large bowl. Slowly pour the mixture over the rice, and gently fold it into the rice. Let cool to room temperature.
3. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for fish. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
4. To assemble: place nori sheet (rough side up) on a sushi bamboo mat. With wet fingers, spread rice in an even layer over the nori. Be sure to leave some space above the rice. Place the fish mixture, avocado, cucumber, and furikake across the rice. Carefully roll up the sushi burrito by lifting up the end closest to you, and then use both hands to tuck the roll in, while applying even pressure. Dab some water on the exposed nori edge to seal the burrito.
To serve, wrap in parchment and slice in half.