We go through a lot of hustle to stay away from pollution and keep the air inside our home clean and healthy. We all invest in air purifiers, clean the AC now and then, beeswax and what not. But, the easiest of all is to keep plants inside the house which purifies the air and makes your home look more luxurious and inviting. Having plants indoor have various benefits to it like healthy air, positive vibes, and a cool atmosphere.
A clean air study done by NASA states that house plants provide a natural way of removing toxic agents from the air, helping neutralize the effects of sick building syndromes.
Let us take a look at the few plants which are great at air filtration and can also survive indoors as well as beautify your home:
● Snake Plant
● Spider Plant
● Lady Palm
● Devil’s Ivy
● Aloe Vera
● Peace Lily
If you’re planning to move in or just redecorating the house, these DIY ideas will make your home more welcoming and peaceful and will make indoor air clean for you and your family. Let us take a look at the planters you can use at your home:
● Clay Pots: The most basic and feasible option which also keeps the plants healthy and happy is using clay pots. You can also color your clay pot with some funky colors to make it look trendier and quirk the lookup. Count on clay pots to grow plants that often die from over-watering and moist soil. Clay pot breathes and permits the soil to dry out between watering.
● Plant Trays: These can be any tray like humidity tray, drainage saucer or a planting container. You can create a beautiful miniature garden on a tray itself. Add some cute little fake insects to make it more attractive.
● Dish them: We all have some old beautiful china dishes, which we can’t let go because of some of the other emotional value attached to it. So use them to create a vintage-looking pot and grow an indoor pot in it. You can plant succulents in them, they’ll look refreshing with an antique touch.
● Herbs in Jar: So we all have done this, bringing the jars and bottles home after finishing our coffee or milkshake from our favorite cafes. It’s to use those mason jars you’ve been collecting for years now. Plant some herbs in them and mount them near your kitchen. This unique wall decor will make your guests green with envy.
● Light it up: You can also use old lightbulbs to grow your indoor plants. It gives a trendy look to your living room. Hang it on an empty wall with a plant contrasting with the color of the wall.
● Can wall planters: Not good at throwing things away? How about recycle them and use as planters? You can always use old food can for indoor plants. Color them, make some interesting designs on them and fix them on a wall.
● Hang them up: Plants hanging in a corner of the room makes the room more memorable. It looks really beautiful when a plant drapes down from high shelves or ceiling. It simply adds a new layer to your decor and makes things pop.
Trust me, once you’ll have these cute little buddies in your room, living room, kitchen and everywhere in your house; the peace and calm you’ll feel will make you more obsessive about them. Also if you talk to your plants, they listen and the best part, they don’t talk back. So, just don’t think too much and make your home healthier and happier by bringing some plants in.