Festive Hot Chocolate Bombs
Buying hot chocolate from the store is easy but nothing beats the real thing. These homemade hot chocolate bombs are easy to make and enjoy on cold days. This sweet treat is loved by the kids and the whole family that you can customize for different flavors.
Hot Chocolate Bomb
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips (optional: dark, semi-sweet, or white)
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 can)
Optional Topping Assortment
- Mini Marshmallows
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Prepare the mini muffin pan with liners.
- Place chocolate chips in a large heat-safe bowl.
- Set the stovetop over medium heat and place the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk cream and condensed milk into the saucepan, frequently stirring to prevent scorching.
- When the mixture reaches a boiling point, remove from the heat.
- Immediately after removing the milk mixture from heat, pour over the chocolate chips while stirring frequently with a spatula until the mixture is smooth.
- Using a cookie scooper (or spoon), scoop the mixture into the prepared pan.
- *Optional - Add desired toppings while the mixture is still soft.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Simply add the hot chocolate bomb to a cup of warm milk. Chocolate lovers are recommended to try two chocolate bombs!
- Serve and enjoy!
Hot chocolate bombs can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge (lasting longer) that are easy to enjoy! This is a great alternative to buying packaged hot chocolate and can be enjoyed during the holidays.