Of course, most of us can relate that one of the best feelings is coming home after a long day, kicking your feet up, and relaxing a little. After all, home is where the heart is, right? So why not focus on adding a little extra love in the form of coziness to your home? We won’t get you all excited to add a little extra feng shui to your cozy cave without giving you some tips on how to do it!
Here’s how you can create a cozy atmosphere in your home:
1. Add seating in your bedroom: Put a comfy chair or or small love seat in your bedroom, and even throw a fluffy blanket and cute pillow to take it over the top.
2. Darker walls add a more peaceful and relaxed feel to your home. Charcoal gray and brown are thought to give a more inviting feel.
3. Hang some string lights: Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be the holiday season for string lights to be “in.” Calmer lights have a calming affect.
4. Use that fireplace: Lighting a fire is always cozy.
5. Show off your family: Hang family and friend photos to add warmth through smiles and good memories.
6. Layer rugs: Have some fun with different textures and colors!