Hosting a cocktail party? If so, you are going to need some yummy hors d’oeuvres in order to impress, and nothing says fancy like my absolute favorite food: cheese! However, cheese needs to be paired correctly with crackers and other toppings in order for it to work as a delicious tapa.
You can’t just randomly choose crackers and cheese and hope that they will go well together. Plus, adding an extra topping besides the classic cracker/cheese combo will really up the ante and impress your friends and family.
So, get out your charcuterie board and try these different pairings on for size:
1. Aged Gouda and multigrain crackers
2. Gorgonzola, crisps, and jalapeño jelly
3. Brie, apricot jelly, and crostini bread
4. Goat cheese, pear slices, and honey
5. honey flavored goat cheese, peaches, and balsamic vinegar
6. White cheddar, caramelized walnuts, and Triscuits
If you want to let people play with their pairings, don’t organize your hours d’oeuvres beforehand. Instead, get a charcuterie board and put together a smattering of meats, nuts, crackers, fruits, and cheeses. Let your guests play with the combinations themselves, that way they can experiment with flavors instead of you.