Let’s be honest, you probably don’t spend your eating time mindlessly grabbing fistfuls of Candy Corn. Candy Corn was definitely one of those Halloween treats that you ate as a little kid because they were festive. But there are actually some really interesting facts about Candy Corn that might give you a new found respect for the sugary sweet treat. Well enough respect to at least much on a few of them.
1. Candy Corn wasn’t always known as Candy Corn. In 1898, Goelitz Confectionary Co. distributed the candy under the name “Chicken Feed”.
2. Apparently there’s a right and a wrong way to eat it. You don’t just chomp it in one bite, you start with the white part first and work your way up by color.
3. The candy can be deep fried, and let’s face it everything is better deep fried.
4. There is a candy corn beer served at the Westallion Brewing Company in Wisconsin. Supposedly the beer is not overly sweet, and a very well balanced cream ale.
5. 19 pieces of candy corn contains 28 grams of sugar, which is the equivalent to a whole can of coca-cola. Talk about a sugary treat!
6. October 30th is national candy corn day, so don’t waste any time! Rush out and grab yourself heaps and heaps of the colorful candy!