Simple Baked Zucchini Chips
Pass on the potato chips and try this healthy snack alternative made with simple, healthy ingredients. Once you'll try these zucchini chips, you'll be hooked on this healthy snack. The best part is you can customize any way you like with herbs and spices.
- Mandolin Veggie Slicer
- Pastry Brush
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 large Zucchini
- Kosher Salt (for taste, as desired)
- Herb or Spice Of Choice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 225 °F.
- Line two 17" baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut the ends of the zucchini off and start slicing on the mandolin veggie slicer. (Recommended thickness setting on 2)
- After you're done slicing the zucchini, place the slices on a sheet of paper towel and place another piece of paper towels on top to draw out excess moisture. (This will help with a faster cook time)
- Place the zucchini slices onto the prepared baking sheet and space slices tightly together without overlapping pieces.
- Pour olive oil into a small mixing bowl and with a pastry brush, evenly coat the zucchini slices with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt as desired over the baking sheet. (Try not to over-season because the slices with shrink and be too salty)
- Bake zucchini slices in the oven for a minimum of 2 hours until the chips start to brown and arent's soggy.
- Once the zucchini slices form into crispy chips, remove and let cool.
- Taste chips and season as desired. (Sprinkle or gently bowl toss)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container and chips should last for no more than 3 days.
This recipe uses natural, simple ingredients so you can add your own flavor if you want. You can try a spice mix, herbs, or ranch dip powder that are all delicious. For multiple flavors, you can add to select sections.