Marry Me Chicken
- 3 sprigs Fresh Basil
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- 3-4 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (for a less spicy option only add 1/2 tsp)
- 1-2 cup Spinach (fresh)
- Sour Cream (for taste)
- Greek Yogurt (for taste)
- Basil (for taste and garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet on medium to high heat on the stovetop.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper generously, then sear in the pan for about 4-5 minutes on each side until it's gold in color. Then transfer chicken onto a plate to rest.
- Return skillet to medium heat, adding garlic and cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in red pepper flakes, thyme, heavy cream, and chicken broth. Let the mixture come to a simmer.
- While broth mixture is cooking, slice the cooked chicken into pockets and stuff the sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese into the pockets.
- Next, place the chicken in the skillet with the broth mixture and saute, adding the fresh spinach and cooking until soft.
- Once thoroughly cooked (check chicken breasts) you can serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Sprinkle basil, then serve and enjoy!