Blemishes are no less than a nightmare for everyone. We all try new face washes, toners, face creams claiming to be beneficial for preventing blemishes. Surprisingly 85% of the population has experienced having issues with facial blemishes. Acne can be stubborn and don’t go easily. If you too are dealing with this problem, then you have landed on the right page. We will discuss some effective DIY’s to stop these stubborn blemishes from popping up. Here are a couple of different acne treatments that are easy to make at home.
Apple-cider vinegar toner: Apple-cider vinegar has millions of benefits and can turn out to be magical for your skin too. It has plenty of organic acids that help in fighting bacteria trapped in the derma.
1. Mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water in a bottle. (Use more water if you have sensitive skin).
2. After cleansing your face with cold water, apply the mixture to the skin using a cotton ball gently.
3. Wait for 5–20 seconds, rinse with water and pat dry.
4. Repeat this method 1–2 times per day.
Honey and Cinnamon Mask: Honey and cinnamon both are rich sources of antioxidants. Studies claim that applying antioxidants to the skin reduces acne and heals the skin. They also have antibacterial properties that fight the hidden bacteria. It also has anti-inflammatory effects.
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to form a thick paste.
2. After cleansing with cold water, apply the mask to your face
3. Wait for 10–15 minutes.
4. Rinse the mask off and then pat your face dry.
Treat With Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. It fights bacteria and reduces skin inflammation. It is a strong treatment against acne. Always dilute the tea tee oil before using on skin.
1. Mix 1 part of tea tree oil with 9 parts of water.
2. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it on the acne.
3. You can apply moisturizer after the process.
4. Repeat this process 1–2 times per day for better results.
Aloe Vera Moisturizer: Aloe Vera is widely used in cosmetic and beauty products. It helps in fighting wounds, burns and inflammation. Salicylic acid and sulfur, present in aloe Vera effectively fight acne. If your face is acne-prone, you can use it for long-lasting results.
1. Scrape the gel from the leaves with the help of a spoon.
2. You can apply the gel directly to clean the skin as a moisturizer.
3. You can repeat these process1–2 times per day to get better results.
Voila! This was the list of simple yet effective ways to treat stubborn blemishes. Just be a little patient while choosing any way to treat acne as these are a little stubborn and take time to disappear.