DIY Hand Sanitizer
- Mini Funnel
- Small Spray Bottle (2 oz.)
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 2 tbsp Carrier Oil Of Choice (coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil)
- 1 bottle Rubbing Alcohol (90% proof or higher)
- 1 tsp Aloe Vera (optional for thickening formula and moisturizing)
- 1 tsp Vegetable Glycerin (optional for thickening formula and moisturizing)
- 10-15 drops Essential Oils (optional - lemon, orange, rosemary, tea tree, cinnamon, geranium)
- 10 drops Vitamin E (optional - moisturizing skin)
- 5 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract (optional - serves as preservative)
- Make sure the spray bottle is clean before starting.
- Remove the lid of the spray bottle.
- If using optional aloe vera, add one teaspoon to the mixing bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of carrier oil to the mixing bowl.
- If using optional vegetable glycerin, add 1 teaspoon.
- If using optional Vitamin E, add 10 drops to the mixing bowl.
- If using optional grapeseed oil, add 5 drops to the mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together, then add 1 teaspoon of alcohol into the bowl and mix.
- Once the mixture is smooth and consistent, use the mini funnel to pour the mixture into the clean spray bottle.
- After pouring the mixture into the spray bottle, you can add optional essential oils for the desired fragrance.
- If there is any additional space in the spray bottle, fill it to the neck with alcohol.
- Screw the lid back onto the bottle and shake to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Add an optional label and enjoy!