With the chilly winter months upon us, no matter where you live in the U.S., you’re going to face to potential for dry skin. Of course, the obvious remedies include using plenty of moisturizer, drinking plenty of water and taking those multi-vitamins. But, there are a bevy of other tips and tricks to keeping your skin oh so smooth, even when the the seasonal weather fluctuations aren’t on your skincare side.
Here are 5 simple hacks you can implement daily to keep your smooth summer skin, all year long:
1. Invest in a humidifier: One problem that occurs as winter rears her head is the air gets drier. There isn’t as much moisture in the air, therefor your skin doesn’t stay as naturally moisturized. Humidifiers act as a pseudo summer for your room or home by adding a touch more of humidity into the air.
2. Keep up with your exfoliating routine: Dry skin can be removed with ease when you exfoliate. Exfoliating your skin once or twice a week is a great way to keep dry skin from accumulating. Make sure you do not over exfoliate, as your skin will naturally apply the opposite effect (oiliness) to counterbalance.
3. Tone it down on the hot showers: Okay, so maybe this one isn’t going to be utilized AS much as the others, but it’s our job to keep you informed! Hot showers tend to strip your skin of its natural oil, so perhaps you trade a couple hot showers a week for lukewarm showers…how does that sound?
4. Go for foods high in omega oils: Avocados are en vogue right now, and they are an example of a food high in omega oils.
5. Use milk for your skin: The lactic acid in milk is good for dry and itchy skin. It’s best to go for a thicker and heavier milk, dabb a washcloth in it, and apply it to your skin for about five minutes.