We spend so much of March Madness sitting on the couch. Why not use the basketball players’ ripped bods as inspiration for your own workout? Ali Holman, a fitness expert who trains professional players, demonstrates the following steps for doing conditioning and getting swole. You can even do the exercises while you cheer on your favorite college team.
1. Plank on a basketball: Put your hands on your b-ball and lift your legs in a march (Great alternative to crunches!).
2. Basketball lunges: Put your basketball stretched out in your hands at a 90-degree angle. Do a right lunge, rotate your core to the right, bounce the ball, then catch the ball. Do the same thing on your left side. This will increase balance and engage your core.
3. Rolling hamstring curl: Lie down on your back and put your heels on the basketball. Lift your butt slightly off the ground and roll the ball in towards your butt with your feet. This will work your hamstrings, butt, and core.
4. Rolling pushups: Get in a pushup position, and put one hand on your basketball. Do a pushup. Then, roll the basketball to the other hand and do the same thing on the other side. This increases balance and really engages your shoulder.
5. Shuffle: Put a lateral band on your thighs and put your basketball in your hands. Shuffle twice to one side and then squat. Repeat on the other side.