Life gets busy. With work, our families and friends, obligations and other hobbies take up most of our days…and often times, it’s our workout that gets the boot when the days get busy. If you’re looking to stay in shape or healthy, don’t worry; there are plenty of activities that ‘count’ as exercise that you may already be doing! Just make sure you eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water, and you’re on your way to a healthy life!
Here are some activities that help burn those calories:
1. Grocery shopping: If you’re pushing your weighted cart around for an hour or so, you will burn some calories getting the goods.
2. Vacuuming & cleaning: You can burn at least 50 calories every 30 minutes, and have a clean place!
3. Dancing: Have some fun and burn some calories…you can even pump your favorite tunes.
4. Gardening: Get some fresh air while you test out that green thumb of yours.
5. Washing the car: Hand washing your car can burn up to 150 calories per hour, and your wheels will look brand new.
6. Take the stairs: Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator!