You don’t have to be a vegetable eating, workout blasting super woman to get your metabolism back on track. If you want your metabolism to start kicking up to its maximum potential, there are things you can do right away in the morning. And no, it doesn’t have to be a 10k to start your day each morning. The things that will get you moving in the right direction are very simple, and it will be easy to implement. Here is a list of the best things you can do in the morning to get that metabolism doing what it’s supposed to: burn baby burn!
1. A glass of cold water: when you drink a cold glass of water, your metabolism has to kick it up a notch to warm it up to match your body temperature.
2. Add lemons to your water for a little boost of vitamin C.
3. Caffeine: studies show that caffeine, like coffee and tea, does increase your metabolism. For tea lovers, green tea is proven to be twice as effective as other caffeinated beverages for increasing metabolism. And for the coffee fans, just make sure you go easy on the sugar and creamer.
4. Don’t skip breakfast: skipping meals in general will slow your metabolism. When frequently done, your body goes into survival mode, and holds onto all it can of every morsel of food you eat, instinctively slowing your metabolism so you live!
5. Eat protein for breakfast: eat some eggs or breakfast meats to keep you fuller longer, or add something spicy to get that metabolism firing.
6. Go for a brisk walk: it doesn’t have to be intense, just a nice fast walk to start off your morning.